Advanced Open Water
Move up and experience real adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course. As you
step beyond the PADI Open Water Diver level, you make five dives and have the opportunity to try
some of diving’s most rewarding and useful specialty activities, such as deep diving, digital
underwater photography, wreck diving and much more. These skills make diving much more than
underwater sightseeing. Plus, the Advanced Open Water Diver course takes you one step closer to
Master Scuba Diver – the ultimate non professional certification in recreational diving.
With your PADI Instructor you complete the deep and underwater navigation Adventure Dives.
These dives boost your confidence as you build these fundamental skills. Then, you choose three
additional dives from more than 15 Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can go diving at
night, check out the local wrecks in the area or even fly through the ocean on a diver propulsion
vehicle – all during your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.
• Must be a PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training
organization) and 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
• Number of dives: Five dives
• Adventure Dive options include altitude diving, AWARE-fish identification, boat diving,
deep diving, diver propulsion vehicle use, drift diving, dry suit diving, multilevel and
computer diving, night diving, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery,
underwater nature study, underwater navigation, underwater photography, underwater
videography and wreck diving
• Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the
first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course
• Materials: Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak, Adventures in Diving manual and video and
Also available online through PADI eLearning!