If the spirit of adventure and unusual, challenging diving appeals to you, try diving under the ice.
Ice diving opens a new and different view of familiar dive sites. During the PADI Ice Diver course,
you dive with a PADI Professional in one of the most extreme adventure specialities recreational
diving offers. If you like fun, people and a challenge, you’ll love the PADI Ice Diver Specialty course.
• Must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another
training organization) and 18 years old
• Learn to plan and organize ice dives
• Practice the procedures and techniques for handling the problems and hazards of ice
• Site selection, preparation and hole-cutting procedures
• Use specialized ice diving equipment, safety lines, signals, communications, line tending
and line-securing techniques
• Learn about the effects of cold, emergency procedures and safety-diver procedures
• Explore the unique aquascape found only under ice
• Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.