Search & Recovery
Spend time around water (as a diver, how can you avoid it?) and sooner or later, you come across
someone who lost something underwater. If you’re looking for the challenge and excitement –
along with doing your good deed for the day – the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty
course is for you. It gives you the skills you need to nd what’s been lost, and how to get it to the
In the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course, you learn search and recovery dive planning,
organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems. You learn how
to locate large and small objects using search patterns, and various ways for lifting them to the
surface. Not only do these skills make you more capable and condent in the water, but most
Search and Recovery Divers eventually end up searching for and recovering something they lost
• Must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or a PADI Open Water Diver with the PADI
Underwater Navigator Specialty (or equivalent certication from another organization)
• Must be at least 12 years old
• Number of Dives: Four
• Search patterns, lift bag use and recovery methods
• Limited visibility techniques and navigation for search and recovery
• Materials: You’ll Need Search and Recovery-Pak, which includes the PADI Search and
Recovery Diver Manual and the Search and Recovery video.
• Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Find what you’ve lost with the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course.
This is an Individually Customized Course.